"It is located 21 km to the north of Goverdhan and is known as the birth place of Radha." It is a famous place for pilgrimage with a regular bus service from Mathura. Originally known as Brahmasaran, Barsana lies on a slope of ridge. The four prominent peaks of the hill are regarded as a symbol of divinity and are crowned by the Ladli Ji temple. Places to see in barsana are :
- Shriji Temple : This deity of Shriji, also known as Ladli Lal (The beloved one), was originally established by Vajranabh, some 5000 years ago.
- Maan Mandir : This is said to be the place where Radha would go into seclusion when annoyed. Krishna was said to plead and cry to please Radha. Within the temple, there is a small tunnel leading to a dark chamber which is said to be the place where Radha would go and sit.
- Mor Kutir : Morr Kutir is the place where Krishna and Radha danced in the form of peacock and peahen.
- Krishna Kund or Radha Sarovar : It is the pond that is situated at the centre of the forests and caves where Radha is believed to take bathe. Along with this, it is also believed that Radha-Krishna used to play water sports here.
- Sankari Khor : It is a very narrow passageway at the junction of the Brahma hill and Vishnu hill. It is said that here Krishna and cowherd boys dressed up as tax collectors and used to block the way of Radharani and her friends and used to ask for yogurt, butter and ghee for letting them pass through Sankari Khor.